You’ll find most of our recipes in our App but we love sharing some extras right here! Enjoy and be sure to tag us on social media @mindful.menu if you make one.
Blender Pumpkin pancakes
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup (+ more for serving)
2 Tbsp coconut oil or dairy free butter
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 Tbsp ground flax meal (optional)
chopped pecans (optional topping)
Place 2 ½ cups oats into your blender and puree until it’s a fine flour type powder.
Add in 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, and ½ tsp salt and pulse to combine.
Add 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 2 eggs, 3 tbsp pure maple syrup, 2 tbsp coconut oil (or DF butter), 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp nutmeg and 2 tbsp flax meal (optional).
Puree 20-30 seconds, or until combined.
Let mixture sit for a few minutes while you heat a large skillet over medium heat.
Grease the skillet with a little extra coconut oil or nonstick spray.
Scoop batter into skillet about 1/4 cup per pancake. Cook 3-5 minutes, or until bubbles form on the surface.
Flip pancakes and cook another 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter.
Top with diced pecans and pure maple syrup if desired. Enjoy!
Pumpkin spice granola
Not only is this pumpkin spice granola delicious, it’s also simple to make and will leave your home smelling like pumpkin paradise 🎃 You may never buy store brand granola again!
MAKES 4 1/2 CUPS
* 3 cups old fashioned oats
* 1/2 cup quinoa (rinsed)
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
* 2 tbsp ground flax seed meal (optional)
* 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp ground ginger
* 1/4 tsp all spice
* 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice * 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
* 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
* 1/4 cup coconut oil * 2 tsp vanilla
* 1/2 cup chocolate chips (white or dark) optional but super delicious!
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine oats, quinoa, pecans, ground flax seed meal, all the spices and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
3. In a separate bowl stir together remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips. Pour into the dry ingredient bowl and then mix well to coat.
4. Pour mixture onto baking sheet and bake until nuts and oats are golden brown, approx 25-30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes. Granola will crisp as it cools.
5. If you want the chocolate melted, add the chips after the granola sits for 5 mins. If you prefer the chips to be separated and unmelted, wait until granola is completely cooled to add them.
6. Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature or the fridge for 5-6 days.
FRESH SUMMER SALSA
3 Roma tomatoes
1/2 red onion
1 large jalapeño (seeded and chopped)
3/4 cup corn (we used frozen kernels)
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/4 cup cilantro
Salt/pepper/garlic salt to taste
1) Add add ingredients (except avocado, corn, olive oil & lime juice) in a good processor. Pulse a few times until salsa is chopped but not puréed.
2) Add in remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Adjust seasoning if desired and enjoy with tortilla chips.